News from the SAPS
News from the SAPS
7 September 2021
Suspects fled the scene with R1500.00 cash. ACSU reaction team arrived on the scene in approximately 53 seconds, and the shop owner would like thank them for the quick response.
- On Friday, 3 September, at approximately 15:00, members from Ermelo SAPS were informed that a male Nigerian citizen passed away at Ermelo Provincial Hospital. He was stabbed in the right shoulder. Upon arrival at the hospital, the family of the deceased informed the SAPS that the deceased was stabbed earlier today during an altercation with another Nigerian citizen. The family pointed the SAPS to the suspect, and he was subsequently arrested.
- The Markhams store, situated at Ermelo Mall, was robbed at approximately 16:45 on Friday, 3 September. Four male suspects entered the shop, pretending to be customers. Two of the suspects went to the fitting room, pretending to fit clothes. They approached the cashier to pay for the items. One suspect returned to the fitting room, saying he forgot something. When he returned from the fitting room, he held the cashier with at gunpoint. The suspects instructed the assistant manager to open the cash register, and fled with R21 000 cash from the register, as well as with five cellphones belonging to employees.
- On Friday, 3 September, at approximately 07:40, three males entered Ernie’s Supermarket in Merino Street, Ermelo, and held the owner at gunpoint. The suspect with the firearm proceeded to take cash from the register. The complainant pressed an alarm button. Unfortunately, one of the other suspects saw, and slapped him. The complainant ran to the back of the shop and locked himself in. Suspects fled the scene with R1500.00 cash. ACSU reaction team arrived on the scene in approximately 53 seconds, and the shop owner would like thank them for the quick response.
- On Friday, 3 September, at approximately 00:00, the complainant was walking home after visiting a friend. She was accompanied by a male neighbour. They were approached by two male suspects, who proceeded to threatened them. The victims attempted to flee, but the suspects chased the complainant, caught and held her at gunpoint. He handed the firearm to the other suspect, and started strangling the complainant, and subsequently raped her. The incident took place behind Wesselton Primary School in Thusi Village.
- On Sunday, 5 September ,at approximately 09:10, a masked suspect entered Ackermans at Boxer Centre, Wesselton. He pointed a firearm at the employees, and forced them, along with customers, to the back of the shop. They were ordered to sit down, whereafter three more male suspects joined in. The suspects ordered the manager to open the safes. Two of the suspects made off with cellphones and routers from the safe. The remaining suspects forced the manager to open another safe, and fled with cellphones and cash belonging to customers.